"TechMaker will help our state build technologic entrepreneurship and, ultimately, strengthen our economy."
– Duane Dimos, Director of the Engineering Sciences & Technology Center at Sandia National Laboratories
TechMaker for Entrepreneurs
There are hundreds of breakthrough tech ideas in labs – and in the minds of tech experts around New Mexico. The challenge is in determining their eligibility for commercialization and then in moving these outstanding ideas from concept to the market.
That’s where TechMaker comes in. TechMaker’s interactive system of maps linked to informational resources, assessment tools and case studies, consolidates the knowledge entrepreneurs need to successfully navigate the tech transfer process and avoid the pitfalls associated with starting a new business.
While tech entrepreneurs have tech expertise, they often lack some of the critical business skills required to move an idea from the lab and into the market. TechMaker covers a wide range of topics – from risk assessment and marketing to financing and intellectual property – to bridge those gaps and accelerate the tech transfer process.
Because of TechMaker’s flexible modular format, tech entrepreneurs can use the tool in a variety of ways:
- Study the complete set of maps and related resources for an in-depth tech transfer education
- Use topline information from the system to build a business plan
- Select only the modules and resources they need to learn more about such as assessing risk, product readiness or market research
- Read case studies to learn how other tech companies hit the ground running
TechMaker is available for FREE to approved tech entrepreneurs. Email us.