"TVC has helped more than 100 companies attract more than $1 billion in investment. TechMaker is an important new tool that can help clients and companies accelerate results."
– Randy Wilson, Program Management Director and CFO, Technology Ventures Corporation
TechMaker for Educators
From incorporating TechMaker into curricula to using it for business plan competitions, educators can harness TechMaker to teach their students about the tech transfer process.
The interactive system of maps and informational resources is ideal for high school and college educators who can incorporate all or part of the TechMaker tool into their existing curricula. TechMaker’s flexible, dynamic maps cover a wide range of topics – from marketing to financing – so they can be tailored to a range of courses and learning levels.
Here’s how some educators are using TechMaker:
College Pilot Programs
College educators are using TechMaker to teach the next generation of entrepreneurs and tech experts about the tech transfer process. Two pilot programs are underway:
- Central New Mexico Community College – A professor at CNM is augmenting material from his new textbook with TechMaker modules to teach two entrepreneurship classes in the School of Business & Information Technology.
- New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology–A professor in New Mexico Tech's Science and Math Department in Socorro is offering TechMaker in the Masters of Science Teacher program.
Business Plan Competitions
Many TechMaker modules include resources for business plan development, which is why college and high school students can use TechMaker as a resource for upcoming business plan writing competitions.
Interested in Pilot Testing Techmaker?
Qualified high school and college-level educators are invited to conduct their own TechMaker pilot tests. Are you
- Teaching a business or entrepreneurship course?
- Instructing courses on: renewable energy, green building, microelectronics, optics & photonics, aerospace/aviation or advanced manufacturing?
- Managing a business plan competition for high school or college students?
If so, you may qualify to pilot test TechMaker in your classroom. Qualified educators receive up to ten hours of intensive, individualized training on using TechMaker and receive FREE access to the tool. Email us.